Spring Break has been wonderful! It started out great with Mom visiting for the weekend. She got in late Thursday night due to a delayed flight, but it was so fun to see her! Friday morning I had to go to my building to finish up some things for clinic before the quarter ended. Mom took a nice walk around the Greenlake. When I came home we were ready for lunch and then head downtown for some fun. Here is us at Pike Place Market. It wasn't too wet. Isn't my mother beautiful? I love her in her coat:).
This next photo is us by the water outside of Pike Place Market. You can see ferries in the Puget Sound in the background.

After Pike we went to Westlake Mall and then enjoyed some hot chocolate at a Starbucks as we had great conversation and watched the rain fall outside. It was so fun!
We were so lucky to have a BEAUTIFUL day Mom's second day here. We got up and got ready for the day moderately early to catch a ferry to Bainbridge Island. What a perfect Spring day for a ferry ride! ...A little windy, though.

I am going to miss Seattle so much!

We ate lunch at a Thai restaurant by the marina. There was only one other party in the restaurant by the end of our lunch, a couple young with a little boy sitting behind us. We started talking and found out that they were LDS, too, and were soon moving down to Prescott, AZ for a physical therapy job. It's amazing how many Mormons you can run into:). Here's Mom and I outside the restaurant. It was great being able to smell the salt water! I still can't believe how nice of a day we got. I was hoping we'd get one for Mom!

After lunch we walked around Winslow, the town the ferry docks at. We walked through a lovely candle store, browsed through an art gallery, had fun looking at the yarn store and all its knitting projects, enjoyed the quilting by numbers store, sat through an interesting video with footage by Ansel Adams of the Japanese internment camp and walked through Bainbridge's historical museum, ate some yummy homemade ice cream from Mora Iced Creamery, glanced at the chocolates in a candy store, and enjoyed a waterfront walk.

It was so fun to have Mom here! I look forward to other family visiting soon:).
I also got a new haircut this week. I've been thinking about getting it cut shorter since before Christmas and finally got the guts to do it. The day I got it cut I started having doubts and wondered why I did it, but now I'm happy with it. I got my haircut at VAIN in Ballard with Alexis. She was wonderful! She seemed to really understand curly hair and in my opinion gave me a great cut. She even asked me what ethnicity I was to get a good idea of how my curls behave:). I was a little nervous about the comments that I would get with my new hair style, but I've been getting great reviews! Here's me posing with my new cut after church.

All in all, Spring Break has been great! I can't believe I have only one more quarter left of classes. I'm moving up and up!
1 comments:
Cor, I just can't get over how cute your haircut is! I love it! Also, the pictures of your time with Mom are fantastic. It looks so beautiful there!
Leave a Comment